Though perhaps irrelevant to anyone besides myself and a few others, I've decided to write a little about my favorite parts of Northeastern's campus. Whatever, I can do what I want IT'S MY BLOG GUYS.
I think the idea of making a list of the best places on campus occurred to me when my sister was considering attending NEU. During my time in Boston I've been able to explore lots of different areas, but it really all started on campus. I wanted Julia to know of all the best spots, and I also wanted to make a list... mainly because, you know, lists. This all has made me pretty nostalgic for the beginning years of college and as I've been sorting through all my photos, I've found lots of great memories. Luckily, I still have two years left to make even more. I'm sure many will feature a Northeastern backdrop.
So, without any more contemplation over the fleeting years of college, here is a nice numeric list (not in any particular order) of the best places found at NEU.
☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆
1. Walkways in the morning, in the snow, and in the summer
Any path through campus in these conditions is usually really pleasant to walk through. Looking at the scenery is one of my favorite distractions as I drag my butt to class every morning. Nice, right? ↓↓
2. The Northeastern Secret
This is a secret. Therefore, I cannot write in detail about this special Northeastern feature. You can find it around the science quad. Good luck.
3. Curry's Roof-deck
Walk through a door on floor two of Curry and onto it's roof. You'll find tons of adirondack chairs, tables and loungers waiting for you and your lunch. I learned about the roof-deck on top of Curry during nuSERVES, a community service project for freshman before they start school. I thought I was very cool for knowing where it was before all the other freshman (scrubz). It's really nice to visit at night, if you are lucky enough to find some unlocked doors.
4. The Inside of Ryder Hall
I know this may be a controversial statement, since some may truly abhor the inside of Ryder when they're trapped in a first floor classroom with no windows and an art history class from 8-10:30 am. But Ryder, an old pharmaceutical factory, does have some charm if you look in the right places. I spent a huge amount of time on the third and fourth floors my freshman and sophomore year and came to appreciate it's architecture, art studios, and creepy creaks at night. I particularly love that it has a dark room on the third floor. I will take another photography class there and use that room. Ryder also is a really great place to go when you're a avoiding Snell but need a place to study for finals. Case and point, to the right.
5. Cool new mural thingy
Appearing late this spring, this is one of my newest favorite things about NEU. Created by artist Daniel Anguilu, the mural covers the outside of a pedestrian bridge that runs over the Orange Line T track. If you haven't seen it yet at school, you can see it at the top of this post. I love that Northeastern commissioned this and hope that they plan to continue welcoming art onto our campus. It's such a great way to draw attention to the arts as well as make campus beautiful and unique.
6. The dorms
Though I don't live in the dorms anymore, these overpriced boxes hold very fond memories, showers with great water pressure, and lots of strands of hair from myself and my best friends. RIP Willis 1010. You were so good to us and we spilled so many things on your gross, stained tile floors.7. All the puddles
There's always a lot of puddles with a lot of weird stuff in them and I have taken it upon myself to document as many as possible.
8. Centennial
A nice grassy area to sit where the geese from the fens have surprising not pooped everywhere.. yet.
9. The Plethora of Dunkins
My final favorite fascination of Northeastern are the three separate Dunkin' Donuts' on campus, all within about a seven minute radius from one another. If not for them I would not need coffee all the time. But there are so many it doesn't even matter. It is wonderful. And horrible. But actually wonderful. Go Huskies!!



Nice photos, girl! Also I didn't know Ryder was an old pharmaceutical factory, wuuut?
ReplyDelete