It has been raining a lot this week and going outside during the storms is like walking onto a whole different planet. There are far less storms drains here than in the United States, which lends itself to little 8-9 inch racing rivers along every sidewalk and streets that have to be vaulted over to avoid. It's interesting to me that it gets so humid here that there are thunderstorms in the middle of winter. I like the lightening, though.
It has been a long and kind of blurred week for me. Our group attended a traditional tango lesson and visited the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes (National Museum of Fine Arts) on Saturday and Tuesday, respectively, and we have been doing a lot of planning for presentations and projects due for class. We also went on a really cool architecture tour, which is where I snapped the picture below.
I love being able to see new parts of the city and wish that less of our days were spent in the classrooms at school. Tomorrow we are going on a Cafe tour of Buenos Aires and on Saturday we'll attend a BBQ outside the city. I'm excited for both these outings, especially the BBQ since it will give me a chance to see some of Argentina outside the city.
| Gameface. Gamecape. |
The rest of the week has been a lot of classwork. I'm learning lots of new vocabulary but still feel pretty limited in speaking since I can only talk in the present tense. I don't think that my class at Bridge (the school here) will progress much further than what I learned at Northeastern, but I've taken matters into my own hands and have been trying to practice with a language learning app I have on my phone. Yesterday it taught me how to say farmer. I am knowledgable now.
There aren't too many pictures from this past week, but I'm going to make an effort to document more for the next update! Onwards!
There aren't too many pictures from this past week, but I'm going to make an effort to document more for the next update! Onwards!

No comments:
Post a Comment